Local Help For People On Medicare
Serving both San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties
HICAP is here to help Medicare beneficiaries
- Understand Medicare Coverage
- Compare Supplemental Insurance and Medicare Advantage Plan policies
- Identify the most cost-effective Prescription Drug Plans for their needs
- Learn about help available with paying for prescriptions
- File Medicare and Medicare Advantage appeals
- Understand Long Term Care Insurance Options
We provide free and unbiased information so you can make informed decisions. HICAP is a statewide network of nonprofit organizations authorized by state legislation originally authored in 1985 to provide free, independent, unbiased information and is the only agency authorized by the California Department of Aging to provide Medicare counseling. HICAP is funded through the Older Californians Act from the Area Agency on Aging and State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
This publication has been created or produced by HICAP with financial assistance, in whole or in part, through a grant from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the Federal Medicare agency, and the California Department of Aging. The conclusions and opinions expressed may not be those of the California Department of Aging or the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the Federal Medicare agency, and that the publication may not be based upon or inclusive of all raw data.